Why I Decided To Do Personal Selling With India Hicks
What on earth compelled me to join the ranks of independent direct sellers? It started rather innocuously one Saturday morning last year while searching for something to jazz up my Fall accessories wardrobe. I somehow stumbled upon India Hicks and was immediately intrigued. I loved the look and style; it also happens to be a more affordable luxury than the brands I used to buy when I had a corporate salary. You probably know the ones I mean. So that leads me to the first reason I decided to get on this rollercoaster.
1) I love the brand. The aesthetic is wonderful, the quality is excellent, and India is one cool chick. I sincerely don't want you to buy something from me because I sold you on the idea. I would much prefer that you want (love!) something that I happen to be selling.
2) I needed to shake up my look. Working for myself, from home made it far too easy to get into the rut of wearing the same yoga or cargo pants day in and day out. You might call my sartorial choice: "lazy pants" or something like that. Being an India Hicks Ambassador is a good excuse to dress up a little every now and then. Not that I've given up my yoga pants completely!
3) It's exciting to discover a new gem of a brand. I've worked on ginormous brands (um former Global Brand Manager for Vaseline, hello!) that totally know how to meet consumer needs, yet I delight in the challenger brands who need to hustle and be more insightful than the established ones.
4) I'm actually an introvert and I don't excel at "putting myself out there." I dread cocktail parties because I'm convinced that I have nothing interesting to talk about, but I really do love hearing what others have to say. Being in direct sales requires me to step out of my comfort zone and hopefully grow in the process.
5) Last, and by no means least, making a little extra money is appealing. Consumer understanding and brand strategy are still my core professional passion - please visit me on Hat Trick 3C, too - but sometimes the consulting business can be really slow, with nobody having budgets or time for the strategic services at which I excel.
That's my story. I'd love to hear yours. On my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/IndiaHicksNoVA/), there is obviously an emphasis on our products, but I also showcase: my favorite local/challenger brands, great Northern VA places to eat or visit, quirky style ideas, and my random musings. It would be great for you to post those things there too. Should you now be intrigued and want to see our beautiful wares, please visit my ambassador site at http://bit.ly/GLGIndiaHicks.
Independent Ambassador, India Hicks
Shop anytime at http://bit.ly/GLGIndiaHicks
Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/IndiaHicksNoVA/